The Sherwood Forest, 28 Village Street, Derby, Derbyshire
£9.18 per hour
22 hours per week
We are looking for a Chef Manager who will manage the day to day running of a busy kitchen as well as managing an Assistant Chef and a team of Catering Assistants. Your duties will include preparing and cooking meals to meet the dietary requirements of our tenants. You will keep track of stock and waste and ensure that the kitchen remains clean and tidy whilst operating within budget. Other duties include carrying out risk assessments as well as recruiting and training staff.
You will have daily interaction with tenants, visitors and colleagues; therefore we are looking for someone who is friendly, approachable and passionate.
Sherwood Forest Residential and Nursing Home provides nursing, palliative and residential care for up to 36 people over 65 and for 39 people with dementia over the age of 50. We provide support that is of the highest standard and is tailored to meet individual’s needs, wishes and choices.
Experience of catering for the dietary requirements of older people and a valid food hygiene certificate are essential.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Care a great place to work we offer access to a range of great employee benefits including:
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- CQC performance bonus
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available*
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary up to set limits
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing emotional support including counselling as well as legal, financial and medical advice.
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
* Terms and Conditions apply
Isn’t it time you joined us?
If you require further assistance please contact the home on 01332 271941 and quote Ref: 44482