Garside House Nursing Home, 131-151 Regency Street, Westminster, London, SW1P 4AH
£13.02 per hour
37.5 hours per week
Why work for us?
Where you’ll work
Situated near Vauxhall Bridge, close to public transport links, Garside House Nursing Home provides nursing, dementia and palliative care for up to 40 residents.
The role will include
We are looking for a Chef Manager who will manage the day to day running of a busy kitchen as well as managing an Assistant Chef and a team of Catering Assistants. Your duties will include preparing and cooking meals to meet the dietary requirements of our residents. You will keep track of stock and waste and ensure that the kitchen remains clean and tidy whilst operating within budget. Other duties include carrying out risk assessments as well as recruiting and training staff.
You will have daily interaction with residents, visitors and colleagues; therefore we are looking for someone who is friendly, approachable and passionate.
Skills and experiences
Experience of catering for the dietary requirements of older people and a valid food hygiene certificate are essential.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Care a great place to work we offer access to a range of great employee benefits including:
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available*
- Loyalty bonus scheme
- CQC performance bonus
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary up to set limits
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing emotional support including counseling as well as legal, financial and medical advice.
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
- Season ticket loan scheme available
* Terms and Conditions apply
To assist you in building a rewarding career in care you can look forward to excellent training and development opportunities within a friendly and supportive environment.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
If you require further assistance please contact Garside House Nursing Home on 020 3826 5520 and quote Ref: 42421