Birchwood Court Residential Care Home Seaside Lane, Easington Colliery, Peterlee, County Durham SR8 3XZ
£8.16 per hour
30 hours per week
We are looking for a Chef Manager who will manage the day to day running of a busy kitchen as well as managing an Assistant Chef and a team of Catering Assistants. Your duties will include preparing and cooking meals to meet the dietary requirements of our tenants. You will keep track of stock and waste and ensure that the kitchen remains clean and tidy whilst operating within budget. Other duties include carrying out risk assessments as well as recruiting and training staff.
You will have daily interaction with tenants, visitors and colleagues; therefore we are looking for someone who is friendly, approachable and passionate.
Birchwood Court Residential Care Home provides residential and nursing care in a luxurious purpose built accommodation of the highest standard. Situated in the heart of a local community, the home creates a peaceful, welcoming and homely atmosphere.
Experience of catering for the dietary requirements of older people and a valid food hygiene certificate are essential.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Care a great place to work we offer access to a range of great employee benefits including:
• 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• CQC performance bonus
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available*
• Contributory pension from Sanctuary up to set limits
• Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
• Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
• Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care
* Terms and Conditions apply
All terms and conditions are subject to national review and are therefore subject to change.
Isn’t it time you joined us?
If you require further assistance please contact the home on 01915 279741 and quote Ref: 45171