Upton Dene Residential and Nursing Home, Caldecott Close, Chester, Cheshire
£10.91 per hour
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
Where you’ll work
Positioned alongside the Countess of Chester Hospital, Upton Dene Residential and Nursing Home opened in January 2016 and is situated in a residential area of Chester. Our dedicated team provides residential, dementia, nursing, palliative and intermediate care to 74 residents.
We are looking for a Chef Manager who will manage the day to day running of a busy kitchen as well as managing an Assistant Chef and a team of Catering Assistants. Your duties will include preparing and cooking meals to meet the dietary requirements of our residents. You will keep track of stock and waste and ensure that the kitchen remains clean and tidy whilst operating within budget. Other duties include carrying out risk assessments as well as recruiting and training staff.
You will have daily interaction with residents, visitors and colleagues; therefore we are looking for someone who is friendly, approachable and passionate.
Experience of catering for the dietary requirements of older people and a valid food hygiene certificate are essential.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Care a great place to work we offer access to a range of great employee benefits including:
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- CQC performance bonus
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available*
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary up to set limits
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care
* Terms and Conditions apply
All terms and conditions are subject to national review and are therefore subject to change.
To apply please click the blue Apply button at the top of the page or please send your up to date CV and covering letter to Resourcing.firstname.lastname@example.org