Guys Court Residential and Nursing Home, 409 Poulton Road , Fleetwood , Lancashire
£9.84 per hour
39 hours per week
Why work for us?
Where you’ll work
Guys Court is located in a residential area of Fleetwood and is within walking distance of the sea. Our dedicated team provide a range of care and support including residential, nursing, dementia, palliative and respite care for up to 37 residents. The home has communal lounges known as the bistro and Guys Court social club, which provide a variety of areas where people can relax and socialise. Our dining rooms provide a welcoming atmosphere for our residents to enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals in the company of others.
We are looking for a Chef Manager who will manage the day to day running of a busy kitchen as well as managing an Assistant Chef and a team of Catering Assistants. Your duties will include preparing and cooking meals to meet the dietary requirements of our residents. You will keep track of stock and waste and ensure that the kitchen remains clean and tidy whilst operating within budget. Other duties include carrying out risk assessments as well as recruiting and training staff.
You will have daily interaction with residents, visitors and colleagues; therefore we are looking for someone who is friendly, approachable and passionate.
Experience of catering for the dietary requirements of older people and a valid food hygiene certificate are essential.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Care a great place to work we offer access to a range of great employee benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- CQC performance bonus
- Overtime Enhancements
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary up to set limits
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care
* Terms and Conditions apply
If you require further assistance please contact Guy's Court Residential and Nursing Home on 01253 776073 and quote Ref: 55610