Millport Care Centre, 19 George Street, Millport, Isle of Cumbrae
£9.00 per hour
32.5 hours per week
Why work for us?
Where you’ll work
Millport Care Centre is located in the quiet town of Millport on the Isle of Cumbrae and is only 100 metres from a sandy beach. The island can be accessed via regular ferry crossings, which take just under 10 minutes. Our dedicated team support up to 25 people over the age of 16 with complex care needs stemming from physical or leaning disabilities, autism and challenging behaviours. Millport is more than a home; it is the base from which all residents fulfil active lives as part of the island community and beyond. Our residents are never short of things to do, from going out for a day’s cycling to catching the ferry to the mainland to watch a film. Whatever support needs a person has, we will never place a limitation on what they can do on the island and beyond. We encourage residents to take full advantage of the stunning countryside on their doorstep.
The role will include
We are looking for an Assistant Chef who will work alongside the Chef Manager, to prepare a varied set of quality menus for our residents. You will promote and monitor food hygiene and safety standards, carry out risk assessments and clean the kitchen to a high standard.
You will have daily interaction with tenants, visitors and colleagues; therefore we are looking for someone who is friendly, approachable and passionate.
Experience of working within a catering environment and a valid food hygiene certificate is required.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Care a great place to work we offer access to a range of great employee benefits including:
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Care Inspectorate Performance bonus
- Overtime Enhancements
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Season Ticket loan available (Ferry)
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary up to set limits
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care
* Terms and Conditions apply
If you require further assistance please contact Millport Care Centre on 01475 530006 and quote Ref: 56488