Queens Care Home, The Esplanade, 34 Ardayre Road, Prestwick, South Ayrshire
£8.72 per hour
Hours to be worked as and when required
Why work for us?
Where you’ll work
Queens is situated in the stunning seafront resort of Prestwick Town, boasting lovely views over the beach and promenade. Our dedicated team provide a range of care and support including residential, nursing, dementia and palliative care for up to 43 residents. Queens features two gardens, one of which overlooks the promenade and is a wonderful place for residents to enjoy the scenery. Regular activities on offer for our residents to include our gardening club, pamper sessions, indoor bowls, pitch and putt, bingo and other games and puzzles. There are also performances from a variety of entertainers, including musicians, comedians and traditional Scottish dancers.
The role will include
We are looking for an Assistant Chef who will work alongside the Chef Manager, to prepare a varied set of quality menus for our residents. You will promote and monitor food hygiene and safety standards, carry out risk assessments and clean the kitchen to a high standard.
You will have daily interaction with tenants, visitors and colleagues; therefore we are looking for someone who is friendly, approachable and passionate.
Experience of working within a catering environment and a valid food hygiene certificate is required.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Care a great place to work we offer access to a range of great employee benefits including:
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available*
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary up to set limits*
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care
* Terms and Conditions apply
All terms and conditions are subject to national review and are therefore subject to change.
If you require further assistance, please contact the home on 01292 470501 and quote Ref: 50012