Day Care Assistant
Birch House Care Home, 9-12 Brighton Court , Brighton Place, Peterculter , Aberdeenshire
£9.00 per hour
Various options available including full and part time hours
Why work for us?
Our vision of keeping kindness at the heart of our care underpins the ethos of our entire organisation. We are committed to ensuring our residents, who chose Sanctuary Care to support them in their later years, are able to live happy and contented lives full of wonderful experiences and memories.
Where you’ll work
Birch House is situated in Peterculter, also known as Culter, eight miles from Aberdeen and Banchory both of which offer a good selection of shops and leisure options. Nearby are the castles of Crathes and Balmoral, the latter being the royal residence of the Queen when she visits Scotland. Our dedicated team provides a range of care, supporting people with Asperger’s, autism, cerebral palsy, Down’s syndrome, epilepsy, spina bifida and hydrocephalus, as well as speech impairments and behaviours that challenge. We also support those with moderate to profound and multiple learning disabilities. Along with all the usual home comforts you would expect Birch House benefits from a sensory garden which provides a relaxing external environment for residents.
The role of Care Assistant will include
- Delivering the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
- Helping with all aspects of day-to-day life, as well as making sure they can enjoy leisure and social activities
- Ensuring the overall happiness and well being of our residents by getting to know them and their families and providing them with emotional support and company Skills and experiences
- Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support you’ll need to do the job, what is important is that you are a caring, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual
- Excellent communication and team working skills are essential along with a flexible approach
- You will also be compassionate and have a real genuine empathy for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve Ready to join us?As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Care a great place to work we offer access to a range of great employee benefits including:
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Care Inspectorate performance bonus
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available*
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary up to set limits
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care
- You will also have, or will initiate registration with the SSSC (Scottish Social Services Council) within 6 months of starting employment.
* Terms and Conditions apply
All terms and conditions are subject to national review and are therefore subject to change.
If you require further assistance please contact the home on 01224 734400 and quote Ref: 49792