Abercorn House Care Home,184-192 Low Waters Road, Hamilton, South Lanarkshire
£9.00 per hour
34.5 hours per week
Why work for us?
Where you’ll work
Abercorn house is situated in the town of Hamilton, in the central lowlands of Scotland. We are close to local amenities and on a main bus route through the town, Hamilton is a large town to the east of Glasgow and is just a twenty-minute commute to the city. Our team provide a range of care and support including dementia, learning disability and degenerative disorder care for up to 58 residents. We do enjoy our time away from the home from time to time. We regularly use our minibus to take residents on cinema trips and outings to local places of interest, such as the Transport Museum.
The role of Care Assistant will include
- Delivering the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
- Helping with all aspects of day-to-day life, as well as making sure they can enjoy leisure and social activities
- Ensuring the overall happiness and well being of our residents by getting to know them and their families and providing them with emotional support and company
Skills and experiences
- Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support you’ll need to do the job, what is important is that you are a caring, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual
- Excellent communication and team working skills are essential along with a flexible approach
- You will also be compassionate and have a real genuine empathy for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Care a great place to work we offer access to a range of great employee benefits including:
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Care Inspectorate Performance bonus
- Overtime Enhancements
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary up to set limits
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing support including legal, financial, emotional and medical advice
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
- Criminal Records Checks are funded by Sanctuary Care
* Terms and Conditions apply
If you require further assistance please contact Abercorn House Care Home on 01698 423342 and quote Ref: 55049.