Care Assistant - Bank
Birch House Care Home, 9-12 Brighton Court, Brighton Place, Peterculter, Aberdeenshire, AB14 0UG
£8.75 per hour
Hours as and when required
Why work for us?
Our vision of keeping kindness at the heart of our care underpins the ethos of our entire organisation. We are committed to ensuring our residents, who chose Sanctuary Care to support them in their later years, are able to live happy and contented lives full of wonderful experiences and memories.
Where you’ll work
Birch House Care Home provides residential and nursing care to adults of all ages with learning disabilities and associated physical disabilities. Our aim is to provide a safe and homely atmosphere, ensuring a person centred approach. We ensure that the residents maintain as much independence as possible through encouraging choice and activity. We endeavour to support the residents in maintaining contact with their families and friends. Click here for more information about the home.
The role of Care Assistant will include
- Delivering the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
- Helping with all aspects of day-to-day life, as well as making sure they can enjoy leisure and social activities
- Ensuring the overall happiness and well being of our residents by getting to know them and their families and providing them with emotional support and company
Skills and experiences
- Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support you’ll need to do the job, what is important is that you are a caring, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual
- Excellent communication and team working skills are essential along with a flexible approach
- You will also be compassionate and have a real genuine empathy for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve
Ready to join us?
As this is a bank position, a flexible approach to work is required as you may be asked to work evening and weekend shifts, as well as during times of absence and sickness.
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Care a great place to work we offer access to a range of great employee benefits including:
- 28 days annual leave inc BH (pro rata)
- Child Care Vouchers
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Retail Discount Scheme
- Cost of DBS Check
- On-going Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
If you require further assistance, please contact the home on 01698 423342 and quote Ref: 37105