Apprentice – Business and Administration
- Fixed term contract initially for 12 months
- Worcester – Care Business Services team
- Starting salary year 1: £8,517 per annum
- 35 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Our award winning Apprenticeship programme offers you a chance to study for a practical qualification while contributing to the success of a fast-paced, constantly evolving organisation.
In partnership with our training provider Worcestershire Group Training Association (WGTA) – Ofsted Grade 1 rated “Outstanding” - we are initially offering a 1 year Apprenticeship in Business and Administration. You will be provided with first rate training leading to an NVQ / QCF Level 2 nationally recognised qualification, while at the same time gaining a broad insight into the systems and processes that the Care Business Services team use.
The Care Business Services team provides a wide range of essential administrative, process and support services to all of our care homes as well as head office and the senior team.
The role of Apprentice will include:
- Learning vital office skills such as planning, organising, filing, processing and managing correspondence.
- Ensuring that all business information is kept up to date and published as required
- Learning how to raise purchase orders
- Assisting with the compilation, preparation and distribution of statistics and reports
- Providing support to the CBS team
- Dealing with and resolving queries both by email and over the phone
- Processing travel arrangements
Skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs at grade C or above (grades 4 – 9) or equivalent in Maths and English
- Basic knowledge of MS packages (including Outlook, Word and Excel)
- You will have a keen interest to learn how an organisation operates, great communication skills and plenty of initiative
- Commitment, determination and enthusiasm
- Flexible and adaptable team player
- As a self motivated individual, we will expect you to work well by yourself as well as in a team environment
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career.
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health and well-being plans
- Discounted products and services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Please note that initial contact to shortlisted applicants will be via Worcester Group Training Association who will be in contact for an initial discussion about the role and to run through their standard Apprentice eligibility checks.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’