Care Assistant - Days
Lake and Orchard Residential and Nursing Home, Riccall Lane, Kelfield, York, North Yorkshire
£8.36 to £8.87 per hour (depending on qualifications)
33 hours per week
** Free Transport from certain locations around the local area **
Why work for us?
Our vision of keeping kindness at the heart of our care underpins the ethos of our entire organisation. We are committed to ensuring our residents, who chose Sanctuary Care to support them in their later years, are able to live happy and contented lives full of wonderful experiences and memories.
Where you’ll work
Lake and Orchard Residential and Nursing Home provides care and support for older people requiring nursing, residential, dementia care or assisted living support, as well as people of all ages with mental health problems. We are focused on ensuring people receive the highest standard of care that is tailored to their needs, wishes and choices. Click here for more information about the home.
The role of Care Assistant will include
- Delivering the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
- Helping with all aspects of day-to-day life, as well as making sure they can enjoy leisure and social activities
- Ensuring the overall happiness and well being of our residents by getting to know them and their families and providing them with emotional support and company
Skills and experiences
- Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support you’ll need to do the job, what is important is that you are a caring, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual
- Excellent communication and team working skills are essential along with a flexible approach
- You will also be compassionate and have a real genuine empathy for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Care a great place to work we offer access to a range of great employee benefits including:
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced rate of pay (dependent on qualifications)
- CQC performance bonus
- Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available*
- Contributory pension from Sanctuary up to set limits
- Access to a free 24/7 support service providing emotional support including counselling as well as legal, financial and medical advice.
- Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
- * Terms and Conditions apply
To assist you in building a rewarding career in care you can look forward to excellent training and development opportunities within a friendly and supportive environment.
If you require further assistance please contact 01757 248627 and quote Ref: 41665