The teams and residents at Sanctuary Care’s homes have gone head to head with thousands of homes across their regions to scoop prestigious awards based on recommendations.
The awards were based on the home’s recommendations from residents, their loved ones and friends.
They winners were:
- Bradwell Court Residential Care Home in Congleton came 4th out of 2043 homes in North West England. The home was also ranked top of the 92 care homes in Congleton and number one out of 255 care homes in Cheshire.
- Lammas House Residential Care Home in Coventry came 13th out of 1803 homes in the West Midlands.
- The Winsor Nursing Home in Minehead came 20th out of the 2,318 homes in the South West and was ranked top of the 19 care homes in Minehead and third of the 243 care homes in Somerset.
- Castlecroft Residential Care Home in Birmingham came 3rd out of 1803 homes in the West Midlands and was ranked top of all the homes in Birmingham.
- The Beeches Residential Care Home in Birmingham came 16th out of 1803 homes in the West Midlands and was ranked 11th in Birmingham.
- Brambles Residential Care Home in Redditch came 5th out of 1803 homes in the West Midlands and was ranked top in Redditch and second in Worcestershire.
- Chadwell House Residential Care Home in Romford came 7th out of 1639 homes in London.
Rukmi Silva, who has been the manager at Lammas House in Coventry for two years said of the win: “I am so proud that we have won this award and am always touched by the heartfelt comments made through the recommendations on carehome.co.uk by our residents and those closest to them.
“The whole team is so special at Lammas House and I am truly blessed to be one of the Sanctuary Care home managers. I do this job with all my heart and I love every minute of it.”
One of Bradwell Court’s residents who was delighted to hear about the win was Michael Rutherford. Michael came to the home for respite care in November while he was having an apartment built. However he loved it so much he decided to stay. The 75-year-old said: “It is lovely news and is well deserved.”
Davina Ludlow, Director of carehome.co.uk said: “We felt the best people to say how good a care home really is, are the residents and their families and friends. Their recommendations show the warmth and excellent care that exists in so many care homes.”
In recognition of the win the homes will be named on carehome.co.uk as top rated homes and will receive certificates to display with pride.