You are all cordially invited to fabulous tea dances across the East and South East this weekend when all our homes throw open the doors to host their own celebration for Silver Sunday.
From swinging 1960s to country and western, there will be something for everyone to enjoy at a Sanctuary Care home near you this weekend.
All tea dances are open for all and will take place this Sunday (2 October) between 2pm and 4pm.
Find a care home near you and join the celebration this weekend:
The team and the residents at Hatfield Residential and Nursing Home in Hertfordshire will be throwing open the doors to host a 1950s rock n’ roll-themed day.
There will be live music from an Elvis tribute act and a high tea menu for everyone to enjoy, with a variety of finger sandwiches and cakes. The team will also be stepping back in time as they dress for the rolled back occasion.
With six care homes in Essex there will is bound to be something for you to enjoy around the corner.
Lyons Court Residential Care Home will be hosting a Bugsy Malone tea dance, where the team and residents will be dressed to impress as gangster and molls (picture).
The Sanctuary Care home’s manager Rebecca Dunn said: “We are all looking forward to embracing Silver Sunday and celebrating our residents and the local older people, so we hope to see lots of new faces along for what promises to be a very special day.”
Step back in time to the 1940s, when the team and residents at Orchard House Residential Care Home embrace the roaring 40s with elegant attire and themed music from live entertainer Lizzy Rushby.
The Home Manager Tina Jones said: “Our residents really embrace community events like this; they love sharing celebrations at their home with local people and hope to welcome lots of new faces along for Silver Sunday.”
Also enjoying the 1940s is the team and residents at Meadow View Residential Care Home in Hersden.
There will be live music from singer Michael Flack who will be performing with his saxophone. The team and residents will also look the part in roaring 40s accessories and fabulous hair from victory rolls to pompadours.
The home’s Activities Leader Christina York added: “Our residents love the 1940s, they always share memories from that time and their fondness of the decade’s fabulous hair and fashion – it really is a time for our residents and that’s why we knew we had to celebrate it for Silver Sunday.”
There will be a sea of flower power and psychedelic patterns when Caton House Residential and Nursing Home in Bletchley host a swinging 1960s tea dance.
Enjoying some of the residents’ favourite songs, a Rat Pack tribute act will be performing live and high tea refreshments will also be enjoyed.
Join the team and residents at Shaftesbury House Residential Care Home in Ipswich will be celebrating rock n’ roll classics from the 1950s and 1960s.
The team will be dusting off their leather jackets as they dress the part, and there will also be live music and delicious refreshments.
All events and address details
We have 12 homes in total in the South and South East hosting fabulous events on Sunday 2 October between 2pm and 4pm –address details are as follows:
- Hatfield Residential and Nursing Home, Tamblin Way, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9AX
- Birchwood Residential Care Home, 406 Clayhall Avenue, Ilford IG5 0TA
- Chadwell House Residential Care Home, 372 Chadwell Heath Lane, Chadwell Heath, Romford RM6 4YG
- Cranvale Residential Care Home, 36 Buntingbridge Road, Newbury Park, Ilford IG2 7LR
- Don Thomson House Residential Care Home, Low Road, Dovercourt, Harwich CO12 3TS
- Lyons Court Residential Care Home, Canvey Walk, North Springfield, Chelmsford CM1 6LB
- Pinewood Residential Care Home, 96 Manford Way, Chigwell IG7 4DA
- Orchard House Residential Care Home, 191 High Street, Sawston, Cambridgeshire DB22 3HJ
- Meadow View Residential Care Home, Blackthorn Road, Hersden, Canterbury, Kent CT3 4GB
- Shaftesbury Court Residential Care Home, Selkirk Drive, Erith, Kent DA8 3QP
- Caton House Residential and Nursing Home, 37 Epsom Grove, Bletchley, Milton Keynes MK3 5NR
- Shaftesbury House Residential Care Home, 5 Cowper Street, Ipswich IP4 5JD