There will be live music, toe tapping, hands clapping, fabulous finery and an abundance of mouth-watering food when Sanctuary Care homes across the county embrace Silver Sunday.
On Sunday 2 October, between 2pm and 4pm, Sanctuary Care’s care homes in Worcestershire will be hosting free tea dances for their residents and older people from their local communities.
Silver Sunday is a national day celebrating older people, where local communities and organisations invite people to events and activities to help combat loneliness and reduce isolation.
All of the events will have live music and a delicious high tea menu for everyone to enjoy, with a variety of finger sandwiches and cakes.
You are invited to any of the following events, all taking place between 2pm and 4pm.
- Heathlands Residential Care Home in Station Road, Pershore, WR10 1NG will host a 1960s flower power themed tea dance.
- Juniper House Residential Care Home, 2 Oak View Way, St John’s, Worcester WR2 5FJ (1940s land girls theme).
- Beechwood Residential Care Home, Holly Green, Upton-upon-Severn, WR8 0RR (1950s theme).
- Brambles Residential Care Home, Birchfield Road, Headless Cross, Redditch, Worcestershire, B97 4LX (1960s theme).
- Breme Residential Care Home, 46 Providence Road, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire B61 8EF (1960s theme).
- Hastings Residential Care Home, 130 Barnards Green Road, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR14 3NA (1970s theme).
- Ravenhurst Residential Care Home, 21 Lickhill Road North, Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire DY13 8RU (1940s and 1950s theme).
- Regent Residential Care Home, School Road, St Johns, Worcester, Worcestershire WR2 4HF (1940s theme).
- Westmead Residential Care Home, Westmead Close, Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire WR9 9LG (memorable musicals theme).
We look forward to seeing you there!