Where: Juniper House Residential Care Home, Worcester
When: Thursday 26 January - 10am to 3.30pm
Do you have time to spend with older people in your community? Volunteering is a wonderful way to give something back, whether you want to share a treasured hobby, support people to remain engaged with their community, enhance your skills or simply enjoy having a chat over a coffee.
At Sanctuary Care our volunteers are a wonderful asset to our team and residents, whether they are simply popping in for a friendly chat or helping our residents to learn something new.
If you are kind, caring and reliable then we have a wide range of opportunities to suit volunteers’ availability, skills and interests at our two homes in St John’s, Worcester and at our other care homes within the Worcestershire area.
Our volunteers include:
• People who have spare time or would like to socialise more.
• Those looking to carry out a befriending role with older people in their community.
• People who are keen to share a favourite past-time from gardening, baking, knitting, singing, playing a musical instrument or performing arts.
• Those who are retired and keen to keep active and not lose vital skills.
• Young people who want to spend time with the older generation.
• Job seekers who want to enhance their life skills/improve their CVs.
If you would like to find out more please come and see us at our event at Juniper House Residential Care Home, 2 Oak View Way, St John’s, Worcester, WR2 5FJ. Tel: 01905 676950. Or if you are unable to attend but would like more information visit www.do-it.org/organisations/sanctuary-care-worcestershire