During Dementia Awareness Week (14-20 May), local people in Redditch, Worcester and Malvern are being invited to become Dementia Friends.
Sanctuary Care’s Hastings Residential Care Home in Barnards Green Road, Malvern, Regent Residential Care Home in School Road, St John’s and Brambles Residential Care Home in Birchfield Road, Redditch have set themselves a mission to make their local communities as dementia friendly as possible.
Dementia Friends sessions
People are being invited to learn about the small things they can do to make a big difference to the lives of people living with dementia at the following free and engaging information sessions:
- Hastings – Monday 15 May at 10.30am
- Regent – Wednesday 17 May at 11am
- Brambles – Thursday 18 May at 11am
The Dementia Friends sessions, an Alzheimer’s Society initiative, will not only provide people with an understanding of dementia but also show them the simple things they can do to support those living with dementia.
For those wishing to attend the addresses are:
- Hastings Residential Care Home, 130 Barnards Green Road, Malvern WR14 3NA
- Regent Residential Care Home, School Road, St John’s, Worcester WR2 4HF
- Brambles Residential Care Home, Birchfield Road, Headless Cross, Redditch B97 4LX.