Cycling for Dementia
Meet Richard Burt, a cycling enthusiast who Sanctuary Care has proudly sponsored to take on a gruelling challenge for Dementia UK.
Inspired by Simon Warren’s famous book ‘100 Greatest British Cycling Climbs’, Richard has set himself a challenge of raising £50,000 for Dementia UK by taking on the UK's most iconic and toughest climbs across England, Wales and Scotland in just 12 days during August – travelling day and night to each climb with his team of volunteers – for a very special reason.
- 100 climbs
- 12 days
- £50,000 for Dementia UK*
- One reason – his wonderful mum, Peggy, who has had Alzheimer's for the past six years, is currently living with dementia in our Redhill Court Residential Care Home in Birmingham.
Sanctuary Care’s support
As a main sponsor, Sanctuary Care has shown that we are behind Richard and his team throughout their inspirational journey by:
- Donating £5,000 towards his cycling fundraising mission
- Providing a professional and branded kit for Richard and his team of volunteers
- Supporting with fundraising projects, starting with Time for a Cuppa festivities back in March
- Spreading the word of his challenge. Sharing is caring, spread the word and help Richard and his team hit £50K
- Cheering him on!
*Dementia UK 2015. Charity Registration Number: 1039404